How to make it
What is the aim of the design?
- Starting with a basic design similar to that on theleft, draw your Spinnercopter onto your chosen board.
- Cut it out.
- Cut down the line between A and B.
- Fold the A wing toward you along the dotted line and the B wing away from you.
- Use modelling clay, big paper clips or anything else available to you (where shown) as a weight.
Dropped from a height, we want the Spinnercopter to fall as accurately and as slowly as possible.
You can compete to find the designer able to create a Spinnercopter that takes the longest time to reach the ground, the one that is most accurate in hitting a target when dropped from a height or a combination of both.
Developing your model
- Make a number of models and test them, noting how different shapes, weights of cardboard, wing angles and sizes along with your nose weighting, makes each perform.
- Using your observations, design and test another set.
- Soon you will begin to see how the different parts of your design work together and, hopefully, you will design a winner.