A fun and learning site for (K6) kids and their adults
101 Great Trivia Questions
and their answers
- In which town was Sir Donald Bradman born?
- What is the chemical symbol for iron?
- Who is the eldest, Paris or Nicky Hilton?
- How old was Marilyn Monroe when she died?
- Who was the last man to be hanged in Australia?
- Which author composed the 'Louis the Fly' ditty advertising fly spray?
- Marlon Brando won an Oscar starring in which 1972 classic?
- Who or what is Matilda in the song 'Waltzing Matilda?
- What size shoe does Ian Thorpe wear?
- In which Australian state is the Franklin River?
- What creature has the largest eyes?
The giant squid
- Who won the Oscar for Best Actress in 2003?
Nicole Kidman for 'The Hours'
- What is the capital of Burkina Faso?
- Who wrote Advance Australia Fair?
Peter Dodds McCormick
- In area, which is the largest state of the United States?
- What is the longest river in Europe?
- In which ocean did the Titanic sink?
- Where was the first soccer World Cup played?
Uruguay in 1930
- Who intended to blow up the British Parliament in 1605 ?
- Which Australian suburb is Dame Edna Everage from?
- What is the chemical symbol for lead?
- What planet is known as the red planet?
- Which river flows through Taree in NSW?
- With which team did Harry Kewell start his English Premier League career?
- What are the first names of the Hilton sisters?
Nicky and Paris
- How many times did Eyvonne Goolagong Cawley win Wimbledon?
Twice (1971 and 1980)
- Who wrote the Harry Potter books?
J K Rowling
- What is the surname of Kath from the TV show Kath and Kim?
- Who was the host of Countdown?
- What does Phar Lap mean?
- What invention is Mervyn Richardson famous for?
The Vicra Lawnmower (His middle name was Victor)
- What is the most widely spoken language in the world?
- Where is the Westerns Plains Zoo?
Dubbo in New South Wales
- Where is 'The Dish' ?
Parkes, New South Wales
- Which car manufacturer made the FJ
- Who Designed the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games Torch
- Who won the first Test Match between Australia and England in 1877?
Australia by 45 runs
- On November 5th. 1999 Australians said no to what?
Becoming a republic
- Who was the winning jockey in the 2002 Tooheys New Melbourne Cup?
- What was Don Bradman's test average against England?
- What is another unusual term for 'wrong'un'?
- Which Victorian (Australia) town was originally called Sandhurst?
- Who wrote 'The Origin of the Species'?
- There are 78 cards in which type of pack?
- Where would one find a Plimsol Line?
On a cargo ship
- Which horse won the 2001 Tooheys New Melbourne Cup?
- In what year was the Centenary cricket test held in Melbourne?
- Which movie won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2000?
- What does a palaeontologist study?
- What are the names of the Blues Brothers ?
Jake and Elwood
- Canberra is believed to come from the Aboriginal word meaning ?
- What colour are the seats and carpet of the Australian Senate ?
- In what year was the Sydney Harbour bridge completed ?
- What is the largest planet in our solar system?
- What is the nickname of the South Australian cricket team ?
- Which country's flag is solid green?
- At which race course would you find Beckett's Corner?
Silverstone in the UK
- The King and I starred which male actor in 1956 ?
- Which horse won the 2002 Melbourne Cup?
- What is a Darling River Hardyhead?
- Who was the Lithgow Flash?
- Where were the Olympics held in 1980?
- Who was Governor of New South Wales when the Rum Rebellion took place ?
- Which country has Dong as its currency?
- When was the title of Uluru transferred to the traditional owners?
- Tom Hanks won back to back Oscars for which films
Philadelphia (1993) & Forrest Gump (1994)
- How many runs did Don Bradman score in his first test innings?
- What is the country code for Australia for international phone calls?
- Where were the 1968 Olympic Games held ?
- Which Australian city lays claim to be the largest in the world by area?
- Who directed 'Braveheart'?
- What is the official language of Brazil?
- Which well known singer had an album 'Every picture tells a story'?
- Who was Australia's first Prime Minister ?
- Which famous actor starred in Mad Max ?
- In which year was Australia Day first celebrated?
- Name 2 other NSW towns besides Wagga Wagga that are signposted WW2
West Wylong and Wee Waa
- What is the official language of Nigeria?
- What is the name of the mine that produces aprox. one third of the world's diamonds?
Argyle in WA
- Who starred as Ali in the movie of the same name?
- In what part of the body are the smallest bones?
- Who won the 2002 Rugby Union Super 12s?
- Where is Australia's largest country music festival ?
- What is the main ingredient of beer ?
- What is the nickname of the Western Australian cricket team?
- Which movie has the tag line "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hurl"?
- In what year were the Montreal Olympics held?
- What do you do when you nictate?
- In which year did the movie Strictly Ballroom premiere?
- What was Kylie Minogue's first feature film?
- How many masts does a sloop have?
- What is Australia's floral emblem?
- What was the name of Australian Crawl's first album?
The Boys Light Up
- Which British Monarch abdicated to marry Wallis?
King Edward VIII
- What is the floral emblem of South Australia ?
Sturt's Desert Pea
- What is the Eastern most point in Australia?
- What is the official language of Brazil?
- Australian bushranger Frederick Ward was also known as who ?
- Who invented Vegemite?
Dr. Cyril Callister
Check out our new Trivia site at
A WORLD OF TRIVIA
The one-stop resource centre for organisers and participants of trivia nights
~ with Question & Answer lists, Interactive Quizzes and Fact Sheets ~
Whether you are preparing for a Trivia Night, or you simply find facts fun
this site is for you
'A World of Trivia', 'Dear Grandpa Pencil' and 'A Cheapskate's Guide to Exploring Tasmania By Car'
with GoogleTM Custom Search
Published by Robin A Cartledge ~ ABN 19 924 273 138 ~ Low Head, Tasmania ~ Contact/Comment